Remember you have these notes and more exercises here
|WILL||GOING TO||PRESENT SIMPLE||PRESENT CONTINUOUS||FUTURE CONTINUOUS|
|will do somethingwon’t||be going to VerbI’m, you are, going to verb
we are, you are, they are
|3rd p sg –(e)sdon’t / doesn’t||be V+ing||will be doing sthwill be + GERUND|
|to talk about a future fact· He’ll be 24 tomorrow.
· The money will go into your account at the end of the month.
to make offers and promises
· I’ll answer the phone
· I’ll see you tomorrow
|to talk about a future intention when a decision has already been made/planned· We’re going to meet them after school.
· I’m going to meet my friends in Gasteiz today.
|to talk about future schedules, timetables and itineraries.· The lesson finishes at 3:30.
· The train leaves at 9 o’clock.
|to talk about future arrangements· They are coming to see us tomorrow
(I phoned them)
· I’m meeting Dani at 8:30 (diary)
· Next holiday we’re staying in a hostel. (booked)
|to talk about an activity that will be in progress before and after a particular time· This time next week I’ll be driving to Bilbo.
· Don’t call me at 7 o’clock. I’ll be sleeping.
|to make a prediction (there is no present evidence)· I think Germany will win the World Cup.
· If you take an aspirin, you’ll soon feel better.
to express an intention or decision made at the moment of speaking
· It’s cold here. I’ll switch on the heating.
· I’ll have chicken and large fries.
|to talk about future predictions when there is evidence that something is going to happen· Look at those black clouds. It’s going to rain.
· Be careful. You are going to fall!
|In clauses with time words like when, after, until,… · I’ll come home when
– I finish work
– I have finished work
· She’ll get in touch as soon as she has the information.
|intention ≠ arrangementYou have to phone someone, write it down in your diary, book it or promise yourself something
to talk about planned actions that will take place in the near future
· We are meeting Paul tonight
· Isn’t he coming with us tonight?
|will have done sthwill have +PARTICIPLE
to talk about an action that will be completed before a specific time in the future
· You’ll have finished your homework by 9 o’clock.